Before I Go Any Further...


Before I get into the next installment of my secrets... 

A MAJOR DEVELOPMENT IN MY FREELANCE WRITING BUSINESS...


AS OF THE WRITING OF THIS POST, 3/14/2020, I HAVE NOW COMPLETED THE FIRST WEEK OF IMPLEMENTING MY OWN SYSTEM...THE RESULT?

$135.00 TOTAL EARNED MY FIRST WEEK!

Now that's no huge windfall, but the point is, I went "LIVE" with my system last Saturday morning at 6 a.m. by lunchtime I had actual money in my PayPal account from writing my first two articles on the internet...cash money that someone PAID ME to write my first 2 articles...it was a kodak moment.

I want to give credit where it's due, a fellow freelancer gave me the most sound advice I have received to date. 

While I was dead set on making my mark in the freelance article writing world by exploiting the cheez-whiz out of content mills, I read a post from a fellow freelancer that changed my perspective and ultimately my life.

The advice was simple...AVOID CONTENT MILLS LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Now if you don't know what a content mill is, just picture an Asian sweatshop where people literally slave away for pennies. That's a content mill...a place where you slave away researching and writing for 1 to 2 cents per word...I was told that no matter what your experience level was, your time alone was woth more than that.

In the beginning, I did everything opposite of what the trend was.  If the majority of freelancers out there said that I had to do something a certain way, I made a note to do it the opposite way. For instance...

They said to you had to use social media to its fullest degree...I have avoided social media altogether

That's just one in a long line of things that were told had to be done. Not true. Not even close.

If you really want something in life, no matter what it is, if it burns a hole in your soul just to read about what it is your after...you're on the right track.

For 2 years I used a small amount of data on an android phone to research the HELL out of freelance article writing.  Not just freelance writing, I wanted to be an ARTICLE WRITER, something about that phrase just appealed to me, and I consumed everything I could find like a sponge.  And like I said before I took massive quantities of notes...scribbled lines that meant nothing to no one...but for me...I was preparing my own personal handbook for the day I would become a FREELANCE ARTICLE WRITER. And you know what? It worked.

My next few posts are going to go into depth in this way,

  •  Finding a need
  •  Filling that need
  •  Creating the perfect "virtual" me, on paper
  •  Selling the "virtual" me to an employer
  •  And polishing that process
So hang out, and hang on...I gotta feed my cats



Comments

Popular Posts